Come in off the park and join the Club !
• Superb viewing of the racing from the Clubhouse enclosure
• Bar and Refreshment facilities
• Free admission to the park on pay nights
• Club Newsletter
• Social calendar during the off-season
Lowestoft & Oulton Broad Motor Boat Club
MEMBERSHIP RULES and entitlements:
1. Each Family membership covers a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children, aged 18 or under. The two adults may vote at the A.G.M.
2. Racing Family membership covers a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children aged 18 or under, one adult or one junior may be the racing member. The two adults may vote at the A.G.M.
3. Each Ordinary membership covers one person only, aged 19 or over. They may vote at the A.G.M.
4. Junior Racing membership covers a junior driver up to age 18, (minimum age 9). Junior racing members may NOT vote at the A.G.M.
5. Each Ordinary Junior membership covers one member aged 18 or under. Junior members may NOT vote at the A.G.M.
6. Members will be admitted to Nicholas Everitt Park free of charge on race days, on production of a valid Membership card, except on the Lions Gala Day, (August Bank Holiday Monday). Special entry conditions for LOBMBC members apply for that day. Entry conditions will be published each year prior to the event.
7. PIT CREW. Drivers are responsible for their pit crew. All pit crew must be named members of LOBMBC or other affiliated clubs represented by CPA. All pit crew must be 16 or over. Under 18 Pit crew must 'Sign In' and have an appropriate Adult sign in with them each race day, they must all 'sign out' at the end of racing. Membership of Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club will NOT cover pit crew. Any driver or pit crew not acting safely or sensibly will result in action being taken against the driver.
8. Only drivers, mechanics and officials of the club are allowed on the jetties or in the club house pit areas..
9. All rescue, marshalling and other staff must be club members.
10. New Family, Ordinary, Junior and Lapsed Members (lapsed at least 5 years), may pay a reduced membership fee for the first year of that membership. When the membership is renewed within 5 years, full fees must be paid for that term. The adults may vote at the A.G.M.
11. Members only (over the age of 18) will be served alcohol at the bar in the clubhouse.
12. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated, in line with the clubs safeguarding policy. This may result in sanctions being taken. This also includes swearing.
13. The club house and surrounding compound are designated as a NO SMOKING and NO VAPING area.
14. GUESTS Day Membership is available at a cost of £5 per person, and gives the named holder membership rights for that day only. Day Membership does NOT entitle them to be pit crew. They may NOT vote at the A.G.M. If a full membership is applied for on that day then the DM fee will be credited. There is no facility for signing-in guests.
15. Dogs are not allowed in the club enclosure, except registered assistance dogs.
16. MEMBERSHIP CARDS MUST BE PRESENTED AT THE CLUBHOUSE GATE AND BE VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES WHILST IN THE CLUB ENCLOSURE.
JES updated May 2022